Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hey,

I found my old Pride post. May as well post it now as I get ready for the card this weekend.

Random Pride thoughts:

Thanks to ExpressVu all day replay I get to watch Pride WWGP Survival at a decent hour.
There must be some time shifting that can be done for us folks way out east. Anyhow with some news floating around about PRide's loss of the TV contract in Japan Survival might be an apt name for this card. The TV company also produce the PPV shows that you and I get to see, hopefully something good comes around, another channel maybe will pick them up.

Random thought 1: Does Ou Won Jin have some kind of unchokable neck?! I would have
been tapping like Gregory Hines in those. From Grappling to slugfest to GnP this fight had it all, good match.

Random Thought 2: Suleov tries to capture the power of Chuck Norris' Beard. 15 mins of playing two for flinching until finally a big punch lands. Little more tag is played. That one punch wins the fight. My grass grew six inches this week, it was more exciting.

Random Thought 3: Nice scramble out the back by Bech... whatever Gregory at the 3 min
or so mark and a nice slam by Filho just after. Mostly decent pace of GnP, if you saw the fight you can't argue with the decision. OK match

Random Thought 4: Beautiful Scramble by Joey at just about the last minute, great finish too. Good Match.

Random Thought 5: I'd like to have Yoshida in my corner...neither that or the gi helped this guy. OK match

Random Thought 6: Throws, sub attempts, and good old face punching. Good Match

Random Thought 7: Let's hope this loss will be Bennett's last...appearance in the ring. OK Match

Random Thought 8: Wasn't this Alfonso guy in a bad video game? Fitting that Sakurai got a perfect finish than huh? Good match just because of the right hand.

Random Thought 9: It's illegal to kill Zebras for use in Speedos isn't it? Oh well it worked for him. Pretty equal brawl, Good Match.

Random Thought 10: Don't Blink. Kang bandwagon, all aboard! Good match

Random Thought 11: Any match with a flying knee is a good match. I don't know why but I like the NYBA, sorry to see him drop this one.

Closing thought: Good card, If there is another Bushido I will watch. Here's hoping the stories are hype or another channel will pick up PrideFC.

No comments: